Purpose of Position: To maintain conduct of passengers on bus, help ensure safety of passengers, and assist passengers in getting on and off the bus, or with walking to a bus stop.
Main Duties & Responsibilities:
- Be at least 18 years of age.
- Pass pre-employment physical examination.
- Attend and pass all pre-employment training and ongoing training as determined required by the Company.
- Attend all Company Safety Meetings.
- Report to work on time.
- Lift and operate equipment, including seat belts, tie downs, harnesses, and wheelchairs, wheelchair clamps.
- Lift and close bus doors daily, and assist passengers who are boarding and exiting the bus.
- Evacuate bus in emergency situations and physically assist passengers to evacuate.
- Possess tact and diplomacy in dealing with students, parents, and school district/board personnel.
- Ensure passengers are safely seated while the bus is in motion.
- Effectively manage student behaviour by exercising communication and discipline as per Company policies, and report student discipline issues to the school and to the Company immediately.
- Practice safe work habits to prevent accidents. Report all accidents, incidents, and concerns with passengers, to the Company immediately. Safety-sensitive positions are subject to alcohol and drug testing in post-incidents/accidents, and in reasonable cause situations.
- Complete all paperwork, including route change sheets and timecards, in a timely manner.
- Assist in keeping Company vehicle neat and clean.
- Contact parents of passengers if instructed to by the Company.
- Conduct child checks to ensure no students are left behind on the school bus.
- Perform other tasks as assigned by the Company.
- Adhere to Company standards in conduct and customer service, and follow all Company policies as outlined in the Employee Handbook as well as local CSC work directions and instructions.
- Monitor (School Bus) – Physical Demands, Sensory Demands, & Working Conditions
- Bilingual (French/English)