We are currently seeking an engaged leader, in the student transportation industry, to join our team as a Safety Supervisor.
Getting students to school safely, on time and ready to learn.
Stock Transportation has decades of experience in providing safe and reliable transportation to students across Canada. Stock is also part of a much larger family that came together as National Express LLC (NELLC). NELLC is one of the leading transportation companies in North America, operating 250 branches and employing 30,000 individuals. As a leader in student transportation, National Express, LLC (NELLC) is committed to exceptional safety, outstanding customer service and positive employee relations. We are currently in search of a Safety Supervisor for our Toronto West Customer Service Centre (CSC).
- Lead, design, develop and implement initial and recurrent safety training programs for transportation personnel.
- Supervise driver trainers, by establishing objectives, standards, work schedules and accountability for job performance.
- Proactively recruit individuals to apply and train them to become School Bus Drivers
- Provide classroom instruction and behind the wheel training of applicants and bus drivers to ensure successful completion of training and testing; recommend upgrades as necessary
- Provide on-going training and performance evaluations for all Driver employees
- Administer and maintain Company random drug/alcohol testing and pre-employment drug/alcohol testing program in conjunction with Corporate office.
- Develop and conduct regularly scheduled Driver Safety Meetings.
- Assume primary responsibility in responding to personal injury and vehicle accidents by on-scene investigation and preparing and submitting reports to the corporate office in accordance with Company policy.
- Investigate customer service complaints relative to safety issues and take appropriate corrective action.
- Administer and maintain Company Safe Driver Award Program.
Requirements and Qualifications
- High School diploma or equivalent. Some college preferred.
- 3 years as a Trainer in school bus transportation industry desired
- Supervisory experience preferred; specifically experience supervising/training a driver workforce
- Must complete state certification program or Stock's Training Academy for school bus driver instructor. Equivalent work experience as a Trainer can be substituted as appropriate.
- No preventable accidents in the past 36 and acceptable driving performance in the past 36 months is required
- Strong working knowledge of MS Office Software (Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint, etc.) and transportation related software
- Strong organizational and group presentation skills
- Well-developed multi-tasking and time management skills
- Ability to provide direction, coaching and mentoring to employees while creating an environment that encourages and values input and feedback
- Ability to respond to unanticipated events to ensure excellence in customer service.
- Ability to Investigate claims and incidents of questionable conduct, accidents etc.
Stock Transportation is an Equal Opportunity Employer