We are currently seeking an engaged leader, in the student transportation industry, to join our team as a Router.
Getting students to school safely, on time and ready to learn.
Stock Transportation has decades of experience in providing safe and reliable transportation to students across Canada. Stock is also part of a much larger family that came together as National Express LLC (NELLC). As a leader in student transportation, National Express, LLC (NELLC) is committed to exceptional safety, outstanding customer service and positive employee relations. We are currently in search of a Router to support our Sunderland CSC.
- Produce and maintain a master record of all routes and provide operating copies daily
- Read and keep up to date with all documents relating to the routing program. (Manuals, updates, maps, etc.)
- Produce and maintain cost efficient and timely routes
- Meet all deadlines relating to schedules set up for the routing process
- Coordinate with Dispatch to establish route standards for time and miles
- Provide excellent customer service when working directly with customers, parents and employees
- Produce and maintain a written record of problems related to the routing program on a daily basis with clean copies to the General Manager weekly
- Maintain the work area in a neat and professional condition daily
- Maintain a professional appearance
- Ability to work well under pressure
- High school diploma or GED
- Previous dispatch experience is preferred; bi-lingual abilities a plus
- Ability to organize and prioritize time to balance conflicting demands related to customer care and routing.
- Ability to communicate effectively with colleagues and customers in fast-paced and/or stressful environment (interpersonal & telephone skills).
- Ability to problem solve in an effort to meet schedule requirements
- Ability to operate two-way and emergency radio systems
- Ability to use office machines (fax, scanner, copier, zip drive, telephone system)
- Ability to use Microsoft Office Program and computerized routing software.
- Verbal communication skills to provide effective advice and interpretation that are readily understandable.
- Written communication skills to prepare materials and reports
- Customer service skills to provide excellence in customer service to internal and external stakeholders