We want to assure you that we have taken swift and proactive measures to combat COVID-19 as it relates to our operations. Health Canada recommends cleaning and disinfecting surfaces to help prevent the spread of COVID-19 and other viral respiratory illnesses, and for this reason, we have put into place new cleaning protocols across our business. Each day, our teams will be cleaning and disinfecting our vehicles by using government recommended cleaning solutions. We have also advised our employees to adhere to the Health Canada guidelines on COVID-19 to reduce transmission. When it comes to the safety and the well-being of our team members and passengers, we will work tirelessly to see to it that we are doing everything we can to manage this current situation.
$1,500 signing bonus for AZ Licensed drivers.
Transit Bus Driver
- Ensure the safe and orderly transportation of passengers on assigned transit routes. Operate the vehicle in a professional manner conducive to protecting the value of the asset.
Major Responsibilities and Duties:
- Complete pre-trip inspection as required by H.T.A. and company policy.
- Observe all traffic laws and safety regulations for buses as set out by H.T.A.
- Maintain safety precautions when passengers are boarding and departing the bus.
- Maintain appropriate route management methods as required by the transit committee and the company.
- Collect fare; provide information regarding our transit service.
- Keep assigned bus clean and fueled, empty garbage and sweep bus every night.
- Report all accident, vehicle damage and passenger injuries.
- Complete and submit all required reports and documentation, including vehicle defects and repair requests.
- Tie down wheel chairs.
- Lift and secure bicycles on rack if needed.
- Class B Z driver’s licence or meet M.T.O. requirement to obtain that licence
- Complete wheel chair training or any other training as may be required by the transit committee or company.
- Friendly and customer oriented personality.
- Ability to maintain a schedule, while observing safe driving practices.
- Able to complete reports, including bus reports, hours of work, incidents/accidents, Pre-Trip, Post-Trip and Zonar.
- Ability to add liquids.
- Ability to work indoors/outdoors.
- Ability to work independently and interdependently.
- Availability to work weekend (Saturday & Sunday) days and evening shift.
- Ability to adapt easily to changes.
- Transit bus and all assigned equipment
Physical Environmental Demands:
- Constant observation techniques, reaching and repetitive hand/arm/leg movement and prolonged periods of sitting.
- Moderate exposure to extreme +/- temperatures.
- Exposure to extreme road condition, black ice, unplowed back roads, white-outs, rain and fog.
- Total controls of all passengers in and around the bus.
Health and Safety:
- To read, understand, and comply with the company’s safety policy, safe work practices, procedures and rules contained within the safety program.
- To wear the safety equipment, personal protective devices and clothing required by regulations and the employer.
- Notify the supervisor of any unsafe conditions or acts that may be of danger to other workers.
- To report all accidents and injuries to the supervisor immediately.
- To take every reasonable precaution to protect the safety of other workers and passengers.